Warm Honey and Grain Mustard Dressing
Honey and mustard are a popular combination. This warm honey and grain mustard dressing can be used in a variety of dishes. It is great on potato salad, spooned over salad leaves or as a sauce for roast cod or haddock. You can also use it to dress robust winter salads, such a coleslaw, and as a lighter alternative to creamy mayonnaise or crème fraiche dressings. We personally love this warm dressing in combination with a ham roast on Christmas and Thanksgiving as well.
This recipe serves 4.
Cooking time: 2 minutes.
- 1 tbsp honey (we love our Clover Honey for this).
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard.
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) groundnut oil.
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- Sea salt and black pepper, freshly ground.
How to prepare
- Spoon the honey and mustard into a small saucepan and stir together. Warm over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the oil and then remove from the heat. Whisk in the vinegar.
- Season the warm honey and grain mustard dressing to taste and use as required. The dressing will keep for three days in a screw-top jar in the fridge.