Recipe: Crunchy Honey Granola
Are you looking for a delicious, healthy breakfast treat? This recipe for honey granola contains lots of nutritional seeds, crunchy nuts, and fruit. The dates and honey will provide you with that little bit of sweetness you are looking for. Give your own twist to it by changing up the fruit, adding a variety of nuts, or switching up the type of honey you’re using. This creation will fill your kitchen with wonderful aromas of coconut and honey.
Prep time – 35 minutes.
Bake time – 50 minutes.
Ready to enjoy – 1 hour, 25 minutes.
5 cups of large flake rolled oats
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup of wheat germ
1 cup of bran
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup coconut (flakes)
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup of honey
1 cup of raisins or dates
How to prepare
- In a very large bowl, mix the oat flakes, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, bran, nuts, coconut, and powdered milk.
- Warm the oil and honey in a small saucepan, and stir into the dry mix completely coating it.
- Spread the mixture on two cookie sheets and bake at 250°F (120°C) for approximately 50 minutes, until lightly browned. If the mixture is spread out thin on the sheets, stir often and watch closely.
- Let the granola cool before adding dried fruit.
- Store in airtight containers in the fridge.
We recommend using our Wildflower honey in this granola. This is a B.C. local honey from Dawson Creek with has a beautiful floral aroma and can be used in anything. Particularly great in granola or teas.
Source: Gourmet Honey Recipe Book, B.C. Honey Producers Association.